AIDS New Brunswick PHA Support Fund
ANB, through a provincial HIV support program, has special support funding available for HIV positive members. The program provides assistance to address issues that affect community integration, housing and/or food security, medical and/or dental needs. The program is supported each year through generous community-generated contributions to the Scotiabank AIDS Walk for Life
The decision to provide or deny assistance is based on an individual needs assessment completed with the Director of Community Development. Any requests for assistance which do not go through the DCD will not be eligible for the program.
A request to access assistance will be considered from anyone living with HIV/AIDS in New Brunswick who:
- Registers as, or is a client with AIDS New Brunswick
- Engages in case planning and services with the Director of Community Development to address the need for funding.
- Demonstrates that other provincial/community assistance has been explored, and either delayed or denied.
All individuals have the right to appeal decisions regarding accessing the PHA Support Fund. If you wish to appeal a request, the process is as follows:
- Write a letter addressed to the Executive Director of AIDS New Brunswick stating your request and need for assistance.
- Please include all the necessary documentation with the letter of appeal.
- The Executive Director will review the request, make a final decision. and follow up with a written letter to the individual addressing the decision of the appeal.
Please address letters to:
AIDS New Brunswick
65 Brunswick St.
Fredericton (N.-B.) E3B 1G5